Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Update #9 - s6 & 10 - IF & ZB
Topic Started: Sep 17 2013, 12:06 PM (11,839 Views)
Moonface
Member Avatar

We are aware that there is currently downtime affecting Servers 10 and 6 on both ZetaBoards and InvisionFree that results in an "Unable to connect to board server. Please check back soon." message. At this current time I'm afraid I have no information of what exactly is happening nor how much longer this will last, but we will try and share any information with you about the problem as soon as we receive any.

Any further updates to this issue will be posted into this topic. Please try to also avoid making any further support topics for this matter, as doing so won't really get anything achieved and simply wastes your time writing out a topic. ;)

Finally, apologies for any inconvenience this causes. I personally understand how tedious this is, being an S10 board owner myself. Yes, I know it looks like I'm apologising to myself. But I can do that because, well...why not? =3

Update #1: The issue is server maintenance, as shown by the new notice on S10 boards that state "Server Maintenance". I still don't have word on how long it will last however.
Edited by Moonface, Sep 17 2013, 12:21 PM.
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Brian
Member Avatar
Go Irish!

We're performing unscheduled maintenance on this machine. I'll keep everyone updated until it has returned to normal operation.
We're still in process on the maintenance. Our server provider is currently replacing a defective hard drive, after which we'll be performing additional software maintenance.

While we don't have a hard time frame for the server to be up and running, we currently expect it to be completed in a 1-4 hour window.

I'll keep this topic updated as we have more info.
3:55pm Update: It's been a little under 2 hours since my last update. We've been informed that the hard drive was successfully replaced. We're working on rebuilding the database and then it's on to software maintenance. Thanks for everyone's continued patience.
7:55 update : we've been working non-stop to restore access to the boards affected. We're making progress but we're running some processes that simply take time. We're sorry this has taken longer than originally expected. We hope to have everyone back up ASAP.

11:55 update: I want to provide more info on what's currently going on. The server that runs communities on s6 and s10 suffered a catastrophic failure that necessitated an emergency replacement yesterday. Since that time we've been working on rebuilding the server from backups and restoring data lost in the failure. We're still progressing with this work, and while it is taking longer than expected, we plan to be able to bring the server back on line with minimal data loss. We want to thank everyone affected for their patience.
Edited by Brian, Sep 18 2013, 12:00 PM.

Moonface
Member Avatar

Update #7 - 10:34PM BST: The S6/S10 restore is currently going well. The reason for the significant downtime is because the failure was unexpected and also unusual (I don't know how it was, Brandon simply said it was unusual =P ) and that because of that, it's taking longer than it normally would to get the data recovered. Brandon is the person recovering all the data (and as you can imagine, it's a lot of data) and at this stage it's going very well.

Brandon does expect some boards to have a few quirks such as topics with no posts inside them for example, but he has said he will be on hand to step in and repair anything like that which gets reported to him wherever possible.

Unfortunately Brandon didn't share any sort of time frame with me, and so obviously I've got nothing to share on that matter right now. If I'm given one though I'll try to make sure I can share it provided another staff member hasn't done so already.

Brandon
Member Avatar

We expect InvisionFree servers 6 and 10 to be back online in the next few hours. ZetaBoards servers 6 and 10 will follow shortly after.
InvisionFree servers 6 and 10 are back online.
ZetaBoards servers 6 and 10 are back online.
Edited by Brandon, Sep 19 2013, 05:48 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Service Announcements · Next Topic »
Add Reply