Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Locked Topic
[ ! ] BBCode to embed tweets
Topic Started: Jun 22 2013, 12:38 PM (1,327 Views)
Lout
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Board Address: Private
Board Software: ZetaBoards
Description: Twitter offers the option to embed tweets, however the format is HTML as shown below.

Code: HTML

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>Beer + BBQ = heaven</p>— Lout (@LoutOfOrder) <a href="https://twitter.com/LoutOfOrder/statuses/341585937005940737">June 3, 2013</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Which results in the following -

Posted Image

I'd like to be able to embed these in posts, is there a way of doing it?

Thanks in advance :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cory
Member Avatar
Coder
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Do you mind using this for the BBCode syntax?
Code:

[twitter=Lout; June 3, 2013; LoutOfOrder/statuses/341585937005940737]Beer + BBQ = heaven[/twitter]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lout
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That will be fine Cory
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cory
Member Avatar
Coder
Use this instead to allow that syntax:
Code:

<script type="text/javascript">
//<![CDATA[
$('td:contains([/twitter]), div.search_results:contains([/twitter])').each(function () {
$(this).html($(this).html().replace(/\[twitter=(.+?);(.+?);(.+?)\](.+?)\[\/twitter\]/gi, '<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p>$4</p> $1 (@) <a href="https://twitter.com/$3">$2</a></blockquote>'));
if ($(this).find('blockquote.twitter-tweet a').length) {
if ($(this).find('blockquote.twitter-tweet a').attr('href').split(' ')[1].length) {
var sSpace = $(this).find('blockquote.twitter-tweet a').attr('href').split(' ')[1];
$(this).find('blockquote.twitter-tweet a').attr('href', 'https://twitter.com/' + sSpace);
}

var user = $(this).find('blockquote.twitter-tweet a').attr('href').split('twitter.com/')[1].split('/')[0];
$(this).find('blockquote.twitter-tweet').html($(this).find('blockquote.twitter-tweet').html().replace(/@/gi, '@' + user));
}
});
//]]>
</script>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lout
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
That works, I'm guessing that the bits entered in the BBCode are pretty irrelevant as using the following gives exactly the same result?

Code:

[twitter=*; *, *; LoutOfOrder/statuses/341585937005940737]*[/twitter]

Which makes me wonder if it's possible to simplify it so only the following would be required?

Code:

[twitter=LoutOfOrder/statuses/341585937005940737][/twitter]

or even

Code:

[twitter]LoutOfOrder/statuses/341585937005940737[/twitter]
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cory
Member Avatar
Coder
I can alter the regexp for a more precise match, but what you have in mind doesn't appear to be workable:
Firebug Console

Load denied by X-Frame-Options: https://twitter.com/ does not permit cross-origin framing.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Quozzo
Member Avatar
Only in death does duty end
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You need to use the twitter api which uses JSONP to send the data. If Cory doesnt want to do it I will but wont be able to until next week.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lout
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Thanks guys, I'm in no rush :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Cory
Member Avatar
Coder
Go ahead, Quozzo. I no nothing of JSONP at this time.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Quozzo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
JSONP is basically a cross domain ajax request, but the data returned is really just a js object.

I can do it but it will take a while.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Quozzo
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Twitter have changed their API so i wont be learning a new method, sorry for the wait.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Lout
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
No worries, thanks for looking anyway.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Roby
Member Avatar

This request was deemed impractical by our staff. This could mean that the feature you have requested is impossible to write, requires PHP and/or hosting, or requires too many AJAX requests. If you have any questions about why this request is not practical, feel free to contact Roby .
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Closed Requests · Next Topic »
Locked Topic