Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Stop!; Signs
Topic Started: Jul 13 2012, 11:33 PM (418 Views)
Ayothes
Member Avatar
AND I'M JAVERT
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Have you read this article?

http://www.ideachampions.com/weblogs/archives/2011/10/a_sign_of_the_t.shtml

I'm excited to see what he turns up regarding the Yield sign.

Spoiler: click to toggle
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Cody
Member Avatar

Very interesting, that'll be a conversation topic in the next long car ride. :r

SteveTZ
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Wow, that's definitely interesting. Though how come they're always octagonal!?

Nicolas
Member Avatar
"PLES RING IF AN RNSER IS REQIRD."

It's definitely intriguing, but I don't think it's true.
The names of the organizations he references made me suspicious to begin with.
It seems very tongue-in-cheek how he wrote it, especially considering the editor's note at the end.
Quote:

ED NOTE: It has recently come to my attention that some readers of this blog have questioned my research methods and the veracity of my findings. A quick Google search of "Dr. Ellison Burke" and the "Global Institute for Cross-Cultural Studies," they claim, reveals not a single link. Frankly, I am baffled by their assertions and have assigned five of my brightest research assistants to get to the bottom of this immediately. In the meantime, you may want to contemplate the semi-ancient words of modern day social scientists, Simon and Garfunkel:
The Wikipedia article makes no reference to any possible history other than having origin in 20th-century America. In fact, the talk page for the article makes no reference to this, nor does the talk page's archive. It seems like something somebody just made up to sound witty.

Ayothes
Member Avatar
AND I'M JAVERT
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Nicolas
Jul 15 2012, 04:40 PM
It's definitely intriguing, but I don't think it's true.
The names of the organizations he references made me suspicious to begin with.
It seems very tongue-in-cheek how he wrote it, especially considering the editor's note at the end.
Quote:

ED NOTE: It has recently come to my attention that some readers of this blog have questioned my research methods and the veracity of my findings. A quick Google search of "Dr. Ellison Burke" and the "Global Institute for Cross-Cultural Studies," they claim, reveals not a single link. Frankly, I am baffled by their assertions and have assigned five of my brightest research assistants to get to the bottom of this immediately. In the meantime, you may want to contemplate the semi-ancient words of modern day social scientists, Simon and Garfunkel:
The Wikipedia article makes no reference to any possible history other than having origin in 20th-century America. In fact, the talk page for the article makes no reference to this, nor does the talk page's archive. It seems like something somebody just made up to sound witty.
:rolleyes:

ElementalAlchemist
Member Avatar

Nicolas
Jul 15 2012, 04:40 PM
It seems like something somebody just made up to sound witty.
I thought this was obvious.

Brian
Member Avatar
Go Irish!

I love...

"Global Institute for Slowing Things Down Before You Hurt Yourself Badly"

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · Community Chat · Next Topic »
Add Reply