Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Good chat box?
Topic Started: Jun 6 2009, 06:51 PM (1,975 Views)
T H R A S H x
[ * ]
Is there actually a good chat box around? Ive been looking for a very long time now and I cant find a decent one, on my phpBB3 forum I used to use an Ajax chat box and it was really good and if I could find one like that id be really happy. Unfortunately I cant search the forums and ive googled many times but still cant find anything.

Anyone know of any?
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

Karabox
Member Avatar
I am Iron Man.
[ *  *  * ]
I'm fond of http://chatango.com/
http://cbox.ws works nice too.

Arista
[ * ]
I've also been looking for one, but the problem with chatango is that random people can message you (which is very annoying) and the other one you have to pay for... are there any others anyone can recommend?

Fission
Member Avatar
Uguu
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
You don't have to pay for Cbox. It's a free service. Premium just gets you autorefresh, inline moderation, and user account capability, which is nice but not vital. You should check out ZB AIO if you want to have integration with ZB accounts, though it does come with several other things that you might find interesting.

T H R A S H x
[ * ]
I did find a good one in the end. I also tried the AIO one but I really wanted something with auto-refresh and for some reason it didnt work, or I just didnt figure out how to work it :P

This one is the one im using now and its really good and my forum users really like it: http://www.shoutmix.com/main/
It has auto-refresh and is free.

Chris
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
If you can stand to wait a few weeks, Thunder Shoutbox is on its way! :)

It's similar to ZB AIO in that it completly integrates with the forum; but its only a shoutbox. It has an auto-refresh option in the profile, based on minutes. It can't go too fast or my Bandwidth goes bye bye!

If you want any more information on it, just click the link in my signature. It will take you to my blog on this site. :)
Edited by Chris, Jun 18 2009, 10:06 PM.

T H R A S H x
[ * ]
Looks exactly the same as ShoutX

Although I do like some of the features listed.
Edited by T H R A S H x, Jun 19 2009, 08:26 AM.

Chris
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
Exactly the same?????
Well.. I'll give you the command bar (Submit, Clear, Refresh, etc.), sort of.. because they "borrowed" that idea from me - whether they admit it or not. Other than that it looks and functions nothing like ShoutX.

T H R A S H x
[ * ]
Hey, I didnt say it was gonna function like it. And yeah they do look exactly the same lol, not saying its necessarily a bad thing, but they do.

Lanex
Member Avatar
Endless Entertainment Administrator
[ *  * ]
Chris
Jun 18 2009, 09:59 PM
If you can stand to wait a few weeks, Thunder Shoutbox is on its way! :)

It's similar to ZB AIO in that it completly integrates with the forum; but its only a shoutbox. It has an auto-refresh option in the profile, based on minutes. It can't go too fast or my Bandwidth goes bye bye!

If you want any more information on it, just click the link in my signature. It will take you to my blog on this site. :)
Any idea on when it's coming? I could do with a good chatbox on my forum and this one looks good.

Jonathan
Member Avatar

Sorry, but the forum you've posted in is for codes that you have made which you'd like to share with others. Your topic has been moved to our general support section instead. :)

Jonathan

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · ZetaBoards Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply