Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Add Reply
Adding Chat Room
Topic Started: Oct 21 2008, 10:43 AM (980 Views)
ArmyWifeTonya
Member Avatar
One of my members on my board suggested adding a Chat Room in my suggestions and feedback forum. Well I've been trying and trying to figure out how to add a Chat Room and still can't figure it out.

How can I add a Chat Room to my board?

Any help, suggestions, tips, advice, is welcome!

Thank you in advance!
Offline Profile Quote Post Goto Top

ArmyWifeTonya
Member Avatar
I noticed some old topics about adding chats, is there an EASIER way to add chat rooms?
I'm not good with CSS Codes, etc....

Nicola-ZNS
Don't worry, you don't need to know CSS to install a chatbox :)

Have a read of this thread for some options. Most are just a simple copy and paste into your Board Wrappers.

ArmyWifeTonya
Member Avatar
I read that and tried to add a few of those, but they didn't show up on my board and the rest of them, the websites are no longer available.

That's why I was wondering if there was an easier way to add a chat room to the board.

Nicola-ZNS
Sorry but that's as far as I can go to help you. We are only required to give support for the software you're using, not find chat rooms for you to use, which constitutes as an external/third-party modification.

ArmyWifeTonya
Member Avatar
Well I've been a member on a couple boards, and the last board I was on had an actual chat room on the board. You just clicked the link at the bottom of the main portal page, put in your password and it pulled up a "chat" for the members of that board, and the chat was actually part of the board, it didn't take you to another web site, or open up a new page, etc....

I'm not asking about getting a third party modification, or anyone to find me a chat room for my board, I am just asking if there is an easy way besides what is listed to add a "chat room" or possibly a "private chat/shout out box". I never said anything about anyone finding me a chat or third-party modifications.
Edited by ArmyWifeTonya, Oct 27 2008, 10:56 AM.

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
« Previous Topic · InvisionFree Support · Next Topic »
Add Reply