Welcome Guest [Log In] [Register]
We hope you enjoy your visit.

You're currently viewing our forum as a guest. This means you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use. If you join our community, you'll be able to access member-only sections, and use many member-only features such as customizing your profile, sending personal messages, and voting in polls. Registration is simple, fast, and completely free.

Join our community!

If you're already a member please log in to your account to access all of our features:

Username:   Password:
Poll Only
If you have more than one, please choose which one you use most
Pre- Windows XP 3 (1.5%)
Windows XP 72 (36%)
Vista 57 (28.5%)
Linux [which version?] 17 (8.5%)
Mac OSX 34 (17%)
Other [please state!] 17 (8.5%)
Total Votes: 200
What OS do you use?
Topic Started: Oct 19 2008, 02:34 PM (21,782 Views)
Justin-ZNS
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I've been using XP for since SP1, it's been relatively good to me over the years. I recently added another 2gb of ram which really sped up my computer. Tried Fedora last year, but I screwed up the installation and almost couldn't run anything. :r
Edited by Justin-ZNS, Dec 13 2008, 10:50 AM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Phlip (S)
[ *  *  * ]
Vista. :)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicola-ZNS
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vista.

I've been using this on my laptop for nearly 2 years, and within about 6 months I'd promised myself that the next computer I'd get would be a Mac desktop. Laptops get annoying, and I've wanted a Mac for years, but they're so expensive here. Comparatively, desktops are cheaper for Mac than laptop, thus desk, no lap.

...then I'd need a desk ^o)
Offline Profile Goto Top

Viral.
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  *  * ]
Vista.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nemomon
Member Avatar
My dad's a soldier blue I'll be a soldier too
[ *  *  *  *  *  *  * ]
XP. But I'm Windows 3.11 shipper. Eventually Windows 98SE. I think I'll not install Vista until new Windows will be released.
Offline Profile Goto Top

sexmod
[ * ]
mac os x.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Temptations
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  * ]
I use both XP & Mac OS X.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Justin-ZNS
Member Avatar
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm surprised Vista has a 7:3 lead over XP. With Vista, do you guys have the service pack?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Phlip (S)
[ *  *  * ]
Nicola
Oct 19 2008, 03:05 PM
Vista.

I've been using this on my laptop for nearly 2 years, and within about 6 months I'd promised myself that the next computer I'd get would be a Mac desktop. Laptops get annoying, and I've wanted a Mac for years, but they're so expensive here. Comparatively, desktops are cheaper for Mac than laptop, thus desk, no lap.

...then I'd need a desk ^o)
Aside from the slightly bad specs, the price of this is average. :unsure: What's wrong with that, if you can install better memory or w/e?
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicola-ZNS
I think I might need a screen, Phlip :P
Those specs aren't what I'd need either. I need lots of RAM and more than 80gb space. I'd also buy direct from Apple, or via John Lewis, since they have the best warranties.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Jonathan
Member Avatar

I use Windows Vista the most at the moment, although I do work/game on XP machines, too.

Jonathan
Offline Profile Goto Top

darkknight899
Member Avatar
[ *  * ]
Ubuntu Linux. It's better than Windows (IMO), cheaper than Mac.
Offline Profile Goto Top

FearKiller
Member Avatar
www.drewscripts.com
[ *  *  *  *  * ]
I'm a user of Windows XP and Fedora Core 8 Linux. I plan on using both Windows Vista Ultimate and Ubuntu Linux on the custom built PC. That is when I actually get around to building it.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Yorkshireman
[ *  * ]
:O I am shocked on how many more use Vista than XP. :O
I've yet to be persuaded to use Vista, it has only one thing going for it in my eyes and that's the volume control (the capability of adjusting the volume of each window open), other than that I see it as nothing more than a pretty XP.

Edit: I would like to try Macintosh out but I haven't the money, I've also yet to try it out ...I may not even like it.
Edited by Yorkshireman, Oct 19 2008, 06:19 PM.
Offline Profile Goto Top

Nicola-ZNS
Yorkshireman
Oct 19 2008, 06:18 PM
Edit: I would like to try Macintosh out but I haven't the money, I've also yet to try it out ...I may not even like it.
If you have a local Apple store, just go in and play. You can get a good feel of it before the staff there get annoyed with you and boot you out. :ph34r:
...I'm kidding, but you can try them out if you live near a store.
Offline Profile Goto Top

1 user reading this topic (1 Guest and 0 Anonymous)
Go to Next Page
« Previous Topic · Technology Chat · Next Topic »
Poll Only